Welcome to Southern Maryland Cooking!

My photo
Southern Maryland is a beautiful piece of country nestled between the Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River. Our area is rich with farmland, Amish and Mennonite communities, farmer's markets, roadside stands, beautiful waterways and seductive scenery. Southern Marylander's are famous for crabs, oysters, rockfish, and "Southern Maryland Stuffed Ham." Although we are very proud of our famous dishes and relish every opportunity to get together to enjoy them, not everything we eat is seasoned with Old Bay. We do eat "regular" food too. :o) Many families have been here for generation upon generation, each of them blessing the next with many treasured recipes. Our region is populated with several military bases, giving us the added benefit of diverse recipe collections. I hope to share with you our true food heritage, our famous recipes, and some of the diversity we've picked up along the way.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cherry Crisp Pie











The name of this should be "Easy Peasy Super Fast Cherry Crisp Pie" or "Whoopee! No kids tonight pie!"  This is so quick and easy and yummy!  Okay, so I use the term "pie" here very loosely and really only because I make it in a pie pan.  But that doesn't really matter - it's just GOOD!

I make another version of this with granola cereal that I actually like better but the name of my game is always to try to use what I have on hand and make it work.  This is what I do when I'm out of granola cereal.  I promise when I get some granola cereal to post the other recipe.  ;o)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Quick Oats
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
3 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP all-purpose flour
1 can cherry pie filling (21 oz)
1 pretty pie pan

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, add the oats, brown sugar and flour and mix it up.  

Drizzle the melted butter all over the oatmeal mix and mix it up again.

Pour half the mixture into your pie plate.

Pour cherry pie filling on top of the oatmeal mixture in the pie plate.

Spread the remaining half of the oatmeal mixture all over the top of the cherry pie filling.

Bake in the oven at 350 for 35 minutes.


Spoon some out onto some cute little dessert plates and let it get all mixed up...yummo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thank you!! :o)